- Prenatal care monthly through 28 weeks then bi-monthly to 36 weeks and weekly 36+ weeks.
- One 36 week prenatal home visit that includes all members of your birth party.
- Primary care of mother and the infant throughout the birth process and the 1st 6 weeks postpartum.
- Postpartum Care which includes care of mama and a newborn. These visits are home visits at 3 days (the Indiana Newborn Screening is offered) . Office visits at 1 week, 3 weeks and 6 weeks.
- Soft Tissue Laser Diode Frenotomy both Labial (of the lip) and lingual (of the tongue).
- Preconception Counseling, Well woman care and Herbal consultations with a focus on women and children.
- Clinical Herbal Services offered and Herbs are sold.
- Ameda Egnell Hospital grade breast pump rental station.
- Monthly Newsletter
- Prenatal Yoga
- Lending Library
- Annual gathering
The Midwives Model of Care is based on the fact that pregnancy and birth are normal life events. The Midwives Model of Care includes:
- Monitoring the physical, psychological and social well-being of the mother throughout the childbearing cycle;
- Providing the mother with individualized education, counseling, and prenatal care, continuous hands-on assistance during labor and delivery, and postpartum support;
- Minimizing technological interventions; and
- Identifying and referring women who require obstetrical attention.
The application of this model has been proven to reduce the incidence of birth injury, trauma, and cesarean section.
© 1996-2001 Midwifery Task Force
Our Philosophy of Care
- A family has a right to choose where and with whom they birth. It is an honor to be included in a family’s birth experience!
- A baby’s life begins at conception. How women care for themselves and are cared for prenatally has a profound impact on both pregnancy and birth.
- Pregnancy and birth are life changing events that have far reaching consequences. Family centered Midwifery care can positively impact family unity and parenting.
- Pregnancy is a blessing and a state of health. Creating a safe and loving environment with people chosen by the family allows birth to proceed normally.
- Families choose birth at home for many different reasons. Midwifery care looks at each family respectfully, as individuals.
- Midwives offer education, information, guidance and support. We offer family centered Midwifery care by supporting the decisions that families make.
- We believe that parents are ultimately responsible for their pregnancies, births and children. As such they have both the right and responsibility to become informed and knowledgeable as a couple, that they may share together in the decision making.
- We practice using evidence and intuition the Midwives work as a team and are all primary caregivers, as much as possible, we attend prenatals, births and postpartum visits together.
© Home4Birth 2017